Valuation work has become increasingly important over the past few years and is necessary for a variety of reasons including property acquisition, company accounts, divorce, probate, taxation, disposal and for loan purposes. As Chartered Surveyors we adhere to The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Valuation – Global Standards, a requirement for most institutional clients as a condition of instruction. We provide valuations for an extensive range of commercial property types including industrial units, office buildings, retail premises, land, investments and residential property.
When choosing an appraisal company, consider if they meet the following criteria:
- Is your appraiser / valuer a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)?
- Are they a Registered Valuer with both the RICS and The Bermuda Surveyors Registration Council?
- Are they completely independent and can they provide impartial advice?
- Is there more than one appraiser who can cross check reports and act as a sounding board?
- That there is a second valuer who can countersign the report?
- Are the valuers actively appraising on a day to day basis?
- Is the appraiser on the approved panel for the various bank lending institutions?
- Does the firm have several years post qualification experience and experience of the local market?
- Can your valuer turn the appraisal around in less than 48 hours?